Friday, July 5, 2013

"Here's To Closure"


Got inspired while I was doing laundry just now. Isn't it just the little things that keep our minds well-fed with ideas? By the way, this is just the first draft. Worked on the melody of the chorus as I was writing it down. Gosh, I missed writing lyrics! 

VERSE 1:
hey, soldier boy
who gave you permission
to wreck a heart?
hey, baby boy
think you're a man
with those childish delusions?
took word from another
no different from yourself
what makes you understand
something you never had?

BRIDGE:
here's to the closure
that never happened
closing the book now
of an endless story

CHORUS:
you pulled yourself down
and now you've gone under
you tore yourself apart
as you let it crumble
all I can say now
is that I wish for the best
pray you won't break any more hearts
like you broke mine

VERSE 2:
hey, soldier boy
do you take pleasure
in giving false hopes?
grow up, boy
your juvenile crimes
of poisoning minds
left these hearts bleeding
for your uncalled-for judgments
think you know it all
when you were never broken

repeat BRIDGE and CHORUS

Fun fact: Soldier Boy exists.
Edit: And I don't mean by Soulja Boy 

No comments:

Post a Comment