Thursday, July 4, 2013

Of old fears and newfound addiction





"A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions."
- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.





This quote is supposed to mean that with experience, comes a certain level of maturity and understanding. I used to hate this quote because it felt like I had to abandon my past self. I know now that this is not the case.

While it is true that I had to sacrifice some things in my life - how this twisted mind had marred the innocent heart to the point of no return - but it has only allowed me to comprehend situations and information better, and turn them into knowledge. Though it hurts to let it go sometimes, lessons learnt can be carried along with us, though we must leave the past as it is to carry on.

So here I am opening myself to accept.

Listening to: "Take Me As I Am" by Tonic
Reading: "A World Without Islam" by Graham E. Fuller
Watching: random shows from the 90s - 00s
Playing: ...
Eating: ...
Drinking: ...

No comments:

Post a Comment