Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Uninvited guests


The sound of claws scraping against the rough surface, just like every night. The hours of which they could be heard would be earlier or later in the evening – brief seconds or prolonged moments – but they will be there without fail. Somewhere deep in my dark mind, I saw them crawling on the floor of which would be my ceiling. 

Craving for attention now, are we? So late at night and yet still so “lively.”I would beg for you to leave, dear nocturnal intruder, though it is not of my nature to succumb to fear of the night.

Once the scraping noises disappeared, I sighed in relief. Just like every night before, it will be gone in an instant so then I could continue my interrupted dreams. Until then...
...damn squirrels!

Listening to: "Who's They" by Daughtry
Reading: "Gadsby" by Ernest Vincent Wright
Watching: ...
Playing: ...
Eating: ...
Drinking: alkaline water

No comments:

Post a Comment